Monday, September 27, 2010

2010.09.09 - Lemon Chicken, Vegetable Tian, Profiteroles

I found a copy of Ina Garten's "Barefoot in Paris" at the used bookstore, so decided to have another meal entirely out of one of her cookbooks.

Lemon Chicken with Croutons

I thought this chicken was good, but not lemony enough.  I used split chicken breast instead of a whole chicken because that's what I had on hand.  I used Udi's gluten free white sandwich bread for the croutons, and they turned out pretty good.

Vegetable Tian

This was very good day of, but I got really tired of the leftovers the next day -- not sure why. 

Profiteroles with gluten free pate a choux, creme fraiche ice cream

I used Ina's chocolate ganache recipe, but made a gf pate a choux for the cream puffs and filled them with Snoqualmie Gourmet's creme fraiche ice cream (very good).  The gf cream puffs tasted good, but the texture was nothing like non-gf pate a choux I've made before.  They didn't puff up as much and weren't as crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment