Monday, September 27, 2010

2010.07.29 - Pulled Pork, Corn, a Summery Salad

Pulled pork is always an extreme crowd favorite.  It is one of the few foods that A can't control himself when eating!

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

This is my go-to pulled pork recipe.  Few things are easier and it is always delicious.   

Caramelized Corn with Mint

No matter how many times I do it, I always marvel about using mint in a savory recipe.  Even though it is a relative of basil and used in many kinds of savory dishes, my mind still puts mint in the dessert category.  Taking advantage of  my prolific mint plant out on my balcony, I decided to make this corn dish.  It was pretty good, but I think I prefer NYT's brown butter corn recipe.

Watermelon, Cucumber, Tomato Salad

This was delicious AND I served it in a hollowed out watermelon shell.  Very fancy!  Nothing is more refreshing than watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment