Monday, September 27, 2010

2010.08.12 - Breakfast for Dinner

Every couple months, I like to do breakfast for dinner.  I still don't think I've come across a perfect combination -- I haven't gotten down the secrets for making pancakes or eggs for a crowd without being in the kitchen the whole time.  The hunt continues for the perfect menu when you want your breakfast food after work instead of before.

Oven Scrambled Eggs

I hated these eggs.  I don't know if I overcooked them or what, but I thought they were rubbery and not seasoned well.  I wouldn't make eggs this way again.

Creme Brulee French Toast with gluten free challah and raspberry curd

This is a fun idea that I thought turned out really well.  Once again, I thought the gf bread tasted a little off.  However, I love challah bread so much (and have made an excellent homemade one from the Macrina Bakery cookbook) that I'm not sure a gf version can compare.  Again, the quest continues.  The raspberry curd was amazing and I would eat it by the spoonful if socially acceptable (I may have done this after my guests left, no one will ever know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment