Monday, September 27, 2010

2010.07.15 - Thai Style Chicken, Mango Slaw, Ice Cream Sundaes

Smitten Kitchen is one of my favorite food blogs.  Deb has a way of making food that I would never normally consider eating sound so delectable that I have to try it.  That led to this adventurous (for me!) meal.

Thai Style Chicken Legs

I don't prefer dark meat, but these chicken thighs were delicious, although maybe a little too fatty/greasy "mouthfeel" for my tastes.  The marinade was a little sour, but oddly good.  The sweet chili sauce was a great accompaniment, although a little spicy for me! 

Mango Slaw

I inaugurated my mandoline for this salad - it was a very messy time of chopping and slicing!  No matter how well I tried to drain, this slaw ended up pretty watery, but it was still very delicious.

Ice Cream Sundaes
- Roasted Banana Ice Cream
- Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ganache

I had leftover ice creams from a different dinner party and leftover ganache in the freezer from a different Thursday dinner, so I put them all together for a sundae bar!  I got the ice cream recipes out of my copy of David Lebovitz's "The Perfect Scoop" -- what an amazing dessert "cook"book.  The banana ice cream was addictive and made my house smell amazing when I was roasting the bananas for it.  I would also use the banana preparation as dessert topping without even turning it into ice cream, or maybe even over oatmeal for a fancy breakfast...

No comments:

Post a Comment