Monday, September 27, 2010

2010.07.22 - Tuna and Bean Salad, Scalloped Tomatoes

I felt I had overloaded people with chicken for too many weeks, so it was time for a change.  Tuna was on sale, so tuna it was!

Tuna and Bean Salad

I like tuna, but hate mayonnaise, so I have a couple standard preparations to make dry canned tuna "wet" without using the devil's condiment.  One method is greek yogurt (it is yummier than it sounds!) and another is mashed white beans and lemon juice.  This recipe uses the latter.  I've made this version many times - it is delicious.  I love the crunch of the celery (I omit the olives and onion and double up on celery) and the fresh parsley taste. 

Scalloped Tomatoes made with gluten free bread

These scalloped tomatoes were awesome.  The only thing that would have made them better was a different bread -- this gf bread just tasted funny to me.  I have managed pretty well with gf desserts, but still have not been able to make a gf bread that makes me happy.  There was just something off about the taste (not inedible or bad, just odd) and definitely didn't taste like "real" bread.  The quest continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment