Saturday, April 28, 2012

2012.01.12 - Swedish Meatballs, Cumin Cauliflower, Chocolate Chip Cake

I didn't have time to get down to Ikea to buy lingonberry jam and it was just too expensive at the grocery store, so unfortunately we had to consume these meatballs without jam.  They were still good :)

Swedish Meatballs

Nothing will ever compare to the specific taste memory of Ikea's swedish meatballs, but these were good in their own right.  I always prefer baking meatballs over frying (the mess!), so the preparation of this dish is a good one.  The sauce was nice and savory and creamy.

Cumin Roasted Cauliflower

I do not like the taste of pomegranate juice, so I thought I didn't like pomegranates - until I tried the seeds in this dish.  So good!  Unique and crunchy and refreshing at the same time.  This recipe was a great way to dress up cauliflower.

Chocolate Chip Cake

D's birthday was this week, so we celebrated with this chocolate chip cake with a chocolate sour cream frosting.  The cake itself was delicious -- almost the texture of pound cake.  I did not care for the frosting -- something was off about the flavor.  I would serve this with an espresso buttercream or a chocolate ganache instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment