Monday, June 21, 2010

2010.06.10 - Beecher's Mac and Cheese

By popular request, I tried out Beecher's Mac and Cheese.  I added a salad to try to lighten things up :) 

Beecher's Mac and Cheese

I made an 8x8 dish with regular penne and 8x8 with Trader Joe's gluten free brown rice pasta.  I couldn't tell the difference between the two.  I used Bob's Red Mill GF all purpose flour fix for the roux.  It tasted just like what you get down at Beecher's in Pike Place Market.

Pro tip: buy Beecher's at Costco.  This mac and cheese is not cheap!

Salad with Herb Vinaigrette

The salad was a simple one of various lettuces, shredded carrots, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes.  I thought the recipe calling for "9 tablespoons" of vinegar was odd (and I think I lost count so I'm not sure if I put in 8 or 9!), but the dressing was pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment