Monday, June 21, 2010

2010.05.27 - Turkey Larb, Pickled Carrots, Gelato

Larb is a funny name!  Therefore, I had to make it :)

Turkey Larb

I've never had larb before - I never see past the pad thai at a Thai restaurant.  This was pretty good, with kind of a flavor profile I've never had before.  Maybe it was the fish sauce.  I need to research recipes to use up the leftover lemongrass.

Pickled Carrots

I wasn't a fan, but I think that's because I don't like many pickled things.  I couldn't figure out a better vegetable to match with the larb.  Will have to research Thai veggie dishes!

Toasted Almond Gelato

This was deliciousssssss.  I wish the recipe had given more specific instructions for how to use the leftover almonds (I ended up throwing them out), but otherwise this was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment