Monday, June 21, 2010

2010.06.03 - Poppy Seed Chicken, Rhubarb Chutney, Spring Vegetables, Granita



I was working from home, so I could make something a little fussy like granita.  The rhubarb chutney and poppy seed chicken were delicious, didn't care as much for the vegetables or the granita.


Rhubarb Chutney with bread, cheese, crackers

I haven't had many chutneys, but this one was great.  Loved the color, paired well with the sharp Beecher's flagship cheese.  Everyone thought this one was a hit.

Poppy Seed Chicken Salad

I love poaching chicken, it's so easy.  I always use plain yogurt instead of mayo (hate) and it always tastes fine to me.  I'd make this again for any lunch or brunch especially.

Spring Vegetable Skillet

I couldn't find snap peas, so I used green beans instead.  This was just..blah.  I thought it was too oily as well.

Apple Tarragon Granita

This was...interesting.  Lesson number one - don't try to use a food processor instead of a blender for liquids - I got sticky apple juice all over my counter.  The granita was refreshing, but I don't think I like tarragon all in my face - I like it more hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment