Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wilton Gum Paste and Fondant - Lesson #2




After last week's focus on preparing components, I was looking forward to this week's finished products.  Making fondant/gum paste flowers is time consuming, but fun!

Here's what we did in Lesson 2:
  • Created the bow
  • Created pieces for the calla lily (more about that next week)
  • Finished the rose
  • Finished the carnations
 I didn't like the bow at all.  I found it impossible to glue the bow loops together in a way that they would stick.  I think this would be easier to assemble before the loops completely dried so they would be a little more malleable.  The roses were a bit complicated, but my fingers started cooperating and figuring out the process after the first few layers of petals.  Carnations are the easiest flower, but I don't think I've figured out how to make the top of them look full.

The key to making fondant/gum paste flowers?  The thinner the layers, the better.

Check out my post about Lesson #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment