Saturday, April 28, 2012

2012.04.08 - Easter Brunch







I love hosting Easter Brunch.  I get to make fun breakfast food that I don't normally make for Thursday Dinner and I get to dress everything up with Peeps!

Mini Fritattas

Easy and delicious (there is a lot of parmesan cheese in these).  I made mine in three flavors: zucchini, green pepper, and red pepper.  I think I liked the red pepper ones the best.

Ham and Potato Hash

Having to cook the potatoes twice (boiling to not quite done, then finishing in the hash) is a pain, but the results were worth it.  The potatoes fell apart to just the right consistency and bound everything together.  I would definitely make this hash again.

Accompaniments

  • Pineapple and mixed berries
  • Hardboiled eggs.  I tried to dye them in stripes, but failed miserably.
  • Bagels, veggie cream cheese, and lox from my favorite place.  They even threw in a bunny bagel!
  • Joanne's famous colored deviled eggs
  • Joanne's stuffed cabbage rolls

Desserts

  • Chocolate covered strawberries.  I wanted to try to make these, but didn't have time to get out to the store to find orange candy melts.
  • Chocolate chip cookies baked in a whoopie pie pan.  Using this pan makes thick and chewy cookies.  I saw these cookies and knew that I had to replicate that look.
  • CANDY.  The hit of the day was the chocolate covered sunflower seeds from Trader Joe's.  A very interesting sweet crunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment